Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Slashfood Sandwich Day

Mark the date on your calendars - September 21st is Slashfood Sandwich Day and we're all encouraged to make sandwiches to celebrate.

sandwich

At the heart of a every good sandwich is the bread and I've chosen a wonderfully crafted seven seed sourdough. You just know that whatever you put inside, it's going to taste great.

bread

For the filling, I've opted for a bit of luxury in the form of Tasmanian Smoked Salmon. Instead of the regulation cream cheese, I've used some of the Labne I made and spread this over one side of the bread, then covered it with a layer of baby Asian salad greens and finely sliced salad onion. Underneath the salmon are slices of avocado.

fillings

Fold these two halves together and voilĂ !

sandwich

Smoked Salmon Sandwich

1 Sourdough roll
2 Labne balls
5 slices of smoked salmon
Mixed baby salad leaves
1 small salad onion, sliced finely
1 small avocado, sliced


sandwich


Tagged with

11 comments

  1. Looks fantastic! I'd better get off my hiney and get some ingredients together to make a sandwich worthy of this event (better than my regular cheese and tomato business!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!! I'm a sandwich fan myself. Gonna try this some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my gosh!
    I want one this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salmon? Avocado? I love the sound of this sandwich!

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ellie - I'll keep an eye out for your sandwich!

    Thanks Jacelyn - spoil yourself and have one today ;)

    Hi Plume - just one - I'll make two just in case ;)

    Thanks Paz - avocado and salmon just work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bread looks really good... do you make it? If so, and it's not too demanding, can you post the recipe?

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, now I know what you do, you're a truck driver....only truck drivers use knots like that to tie down their loads. That is one seriously good sandwhich, loved the way you layed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Elizabeth - if i had the recipe I would give it to you but unfortunately this bread comes from a bakery.

    Neil - you found out my secret identity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haalo,
    I agree with 100% on the importance of the bread. I made a cheddar cheese loaf for my sandwich today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kevin - your sandwich has me drooling - looks ultra delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad for me!! And lucky you that you can buy it. It looks delicious.

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig